ACADEMIC AND SUPPORT SERVICES
We offer a variety of ways to assist students in achieving academic success.
SUCCESS COACHING AND ACADEMIC ADVISING
We offer academic advising for all students through a success coaching model. Success coaching is all about helping you achieve your goals with support and guidance.
Success coaches work to understand and explore your ambitions, goals and identify obstacles to help you select the classes that will support your educational plan such as requirements for two-year degrees and/or transferring to a four-year institution.
起初, CWC students meet with a general success coach and are then additionally assigned to a full-time faculty advisor in the area of study chosen. While the ultimate responsibility for decision-making and educational plans rests with the student working with their success coach, faculty advisors can be valuable resources. Success coaches and faculty advisors assist students with:
- Identification and clarification of life and career goals
- Selection of appropriate courses and other educational opportunities
- Evaluation of progress toward established goals
- Referral to other campus and community resources when appropriate
General success coaches are located in Rustler Central.
Office hours are Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. 到5点.m.
*任命 are encouraged, but drop-ins are available when possible. 教师 advisors maintain regular office hours during the academic term.
STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICES
Students attending CWC can expect support throughout their academic journey. These include:
Student Support Services offices are located in the Student Success Center: Main Hall 123. Applications are available at the Student Success Center and at Rustler Central.
三人组 Student Support Services (SSS) is an honorary program for students who are dedicated to their success as a student and offers multiple support services.
These services include:
学术 services include:
- Assistance in financial aid
- Scholarship process support
个人 support services include:
- Success coaching
- Time management
三人组-Student Support Services offer additional opportunities for support including:
- Transfer options and support
- Equipment lending program
- Skills development
- Additional funds for qualifying students
- Rusty Food Pantry
You may be eligible for SSS if you are a citizen or permanent resident of the United States and at least one of these fits you:
- You are a student who has not already earned a college degree.
- You are a first-generation college student (neither parent had a bachelor’s degree before you turned 18 years of age).
- You meet federal low-income guidelines.
- You have a documented physical or learning disability.
The CAL Lab, located in MH133, is an open lab available for CWC student use from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. 辅导 assistance is available.